- download Pixel graphics (PNG)awesome for presentations
- download Vector graphics (SVG)awesome for websites
- Unlock downloads
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Sharing and adapting of the illustration is allowed with indication of the link to the illustration.
A Minkowski diagram (spacetime diagram) in which seven different worldlines (e.g. observers at rest and observers in motion) are drawn in.:
- Worldline 1 - this body moves to the left with constant speed.
- Worldline 2 - this body is at rest at a certain position.
- Worldline 3 - this body moves with constant speed away from the body 2. It moves to the right.
- Worldline 4 - this body moves with the same speed as the body with worldline 3. It moves to the right with a fixed distance to worldline 3.
- Worldline 5 - this body is quite fast and accelerates almost to the speed of light. At the event S it meets the body 6.
- Worldline 6 - this body flies almost at the speed of light and slows down until it eventually stops.
- Worldline 7 - this body swings back and forth from right to left.